This workshop was designed by Dr. Ben Benjamin to help bodyworkers assess and treat speciﬁc injuries that challenge and frustrate most therapists.
This segment focuses on detailed testing for possible disc and ligament injuries as well as nerve root lesions. Assessment tools for this segment include active resistance tests (to rule out neurological dysfunction) and passive tests (to isolate ligamentous injuries, which may be masked by secondary muscle spasms). Hands-on techniques include friction of neck muscles and ligaments.
|Date||October 11-13, 2019|
|Location||Body Mind Learn Center
616 N. North Court Suite 250
Palatine, IL 60067
|Times||Fri 10am-6pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5pm|
|Credits||21 NCBTMB Credits|
|Tuition||$395 Early Bird / $445 Regular Price
Early Bird Ends 9/13
|Cancellation Policy||Click Here|
7 Dimensions of Ben Benjamin Training:
- Anatomy: Students view, draw, and palpate relevant musculoskeletal structures.
- Assessment: Students practice detailed history taking, palpation of injured structures, and specific orthopedic assessment tests for the shoulder.
- Theory: Students use the history, assessment test findings, and the results of palpation to determine which structures are injured.
- Technique: Students learn detailed treatment techniques to eliminate unwanted adhesive scar tissue, including deep transverse friction, therapeutic exercises, and stretching.
- Integration: After learning the theoretical basis and assessment procedures, students integrate this information in hands-on learning games using case studies of actual clients.
- Clinic: Students practice their skills by participating in an injury assessment clinic, free and open to the public, under Lois’ supervision.
- Private Lessons: Those working toward certification in Orthopedic Massage fine tune their hands-on skills in additional private tutoring sessions with Lois.
You will walk out of this workshop ready to use this information on your very ﬁrst client.
Who should attend this workshop?
About the Instructor:
Lois Orth-Zitoli is both an orthopedic massage therapist and a health/nutrition coach. She is the owner of Full Circle Health in Chicago. She has worked in the ﬁeld of Orthopedic Massage Therapy for over 30 years, in both private practice and as the owner/director of Massage Therapy Professionals for 15 years. Under Dr. Benjamin’s direct supervision, Lois spent 4 years training to teach injury assessment and treatment to massage therapists. Lois is an engaging and passionate teacher who employs a variety of teaching/learning styles to meet the needs of each student.
What Workshop Participants Say:
“I just completed the Ben Benjamin Orthopedic Massage certiﬁcation course with Lois. She is an excellent teacher and an expert in her ﬁeld. I love her classes. She presents the information with skill and humor, providing real life scenarios where the techniques can successfully be applied.” – Ann Torp, LMT
“Lois’ orthopedic massage classes are fantastic. I have taken the whole series and am now a certiﬁed orthopedic massage therapist. I have learned invaluable techniques and assessment skills that I’ve been able to use right away with my clients- with great results. Lois is extremely knowledgeable and teaches with patience, passion and humor. If your goal is to relieve clients’ pain, these classes are indispensable! I highly recommend this training!” – Madge Lockwood, LMT, CLT
We reserve the right to cancel any workshop based upon minimum class enrollment requirements, in which case the tuition fee will be returned in full. Body Mind Learn Center/Structural-Balance is not responsible for any guaranteed/prepaid airline/hotel reservation. If any hours or days of a workshop are missed, no refunds will be given. Since many of the instructors are flown in from other states we have a limited refund policy. You may cancel your registration up to 30 days before the workshop. Your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 processing fee. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to the workshop you forfeit your full registration fee.